How to password protect your files and folders ?
Have you ever wanted to password protect your documents and even folders ? I think you would be….Please allow me to show you a way by which you can password protect your personal documents so that no body can take a look around.
To achieve this, you need to have some software which will accomplish the task.
1. Create a folder on your desktop or in your preferred location and name it as MyFolder (You can name it as per your choice).
2. Move all your files and folders which you want to be password protected to this folder (MyFolder).
3. Now install WinRar if you do not have it. Then install the software by double clicking on it and following the on screen instructions.
4. Now right click on the MyFolder and Choose add to archive.
5. Click on the advance tab and choose Set Password button.
6. Now type your password for two times in the box provided and tick the check box “Encrypt file Names”.
7. Now click on OK button two times to confirm.
8. Congratulation !!! You have done a great job. Now you will notice that a new file named MyFolder.rar will be appeared besides your original MyFolder folder. Now Double click on the new Myfolder.rar (folder having rar icon) and it will ask for password to open.
9. Now you can delete your original MyFolder and you have a copy of Myfolder.rar which is password protected.
10. If want to add some more files into that archive (MyFolder.rar), right click on the archive, choose extract option and by providing the password you will get the original folder. Now you can add data to it and repeat the process to make it password protected.
11. In case you have any problem, please let me know and i will be glad to assist you.